University of Hawai’i School of Law Library
Rules for Keycard Acces
Admission to the Law Library by keycard is limited to currently admitted law school students and certain law school faculty and staff. You must return your keycard to the Law Library when you are no longer a currently enrolled law school student or employee. Failure to return the keycard to the Law Library will result in a replacement fine. By accepting this keycard, you agree to the Law Library policies for library usage, you are responsible for keeping this keycard secure, and agree not to allow others entry using your keycard.
Entrance Door: Use ONLY the front single door (marked with Handicapped logo) for both entry. Wave the card close to the card detector located next to the door. Ensure the door is fully closed after entering and exiting the building, i.e. pull and push on it until it sticks when exiting the building. At closing, everyone must exit the building and reenter using their keycard.
- Lights: To turn on the lights, go to the light switches located to the left of the entrance door as you come into the building. If you are the last person in the building, please turn off all the lights when you exit.
- Security: Do not open or respond to people knocking on the doors. Only the holder of a keycard is permitted entry after regular law library operating hours. If you witness any suspicious behavior in the Law Library, please call security at (808) 956-6911.
- UH ID: Keep your UH Identity card with you at all times. Campus Security will be patrolling the building and may ask to see your ID. You must present it when requested.
- Troubleshooting: Do not attempt to refill paper, toner, or perform any troubleshooting. If there is a problem, send an email to: email@example.com.
- Windows: Do not open any windows in the library. If the library is cold, bring warm clothing. If the air conditioning is not working, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Library Material: Checking out material must be done during regular library hours. No material maybe removed from the library without prior permission.
- Unauthorized Person: If you discover any unauthorized person in the library, do not confront him/her. Call Campus Security at (808) 956-6911. If you do not have a phone, there is a campus phone by the elevators near the parking structure directly outside of the library lanai.
- Emergencies, Power Outages, Fire Alarm: Call Campus Security at (808) 956-6911. If you do not have a phone, there is a campus phone by the elevators near the parking structure directly outside of the library lanai.
- Lost Keycard: Report a lost keycard immediately to the Law Library in order to deactivate the device and prevent unauthorized people from entering the building after normal operating hours. The holder of the lost keycard will incur a replacement cost and be issued a new keycard.
Failure to adhere to the Rules for Keycard Access will result in forfeiture of your keycard with extreme prejudice (that means you will not be given a second chance). These rules are subject to modification as needed to accommodate changing needs and circumstances.