Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Easy UHM Wi-Fi Network Connection Instructions
- Turn on your Wi-Fi on your mobile or laptop device.
- Find and connect to the UHM network.
- Login with your hawaii.edu credentials.
Automatic Login (Wireless Passthrough)
Wireless Authentication Passthrough
For the convenience of mobile device users who want to utilize the UHM Wireless Network, as well as frequent wireless users, you can now setup a passthrough for your device to use the UHM SSID. Doing this will allow the device to bypass the normal UHM wireless login process and immediately access the wireless network.
To setup a passthrough, go to http://www.hawaii.edu/wireless/pt. To complete the passthrough setup process, you will need:
- Your UH Username and password
- The MAC Address of your device
- A description of your device
Passthroughs expire after 1 year, and each user is allowed a maximum of 10 passthroughs to be setup at a time. Passthroughs are registered under your UH Username, and you are responsible for the activity of these devices while they are connected to the UHM wireless network.
Wireless Visitor Access
Wireless Visitor Internet Access (VIA)
UH faculty and staff may request access to the UHM Wireless Network for their visitors. More information about VIA can be found at http://www.hawaii.edu/via.
My wireless connection used to work, but now it doesn't.
My wireless connection never worked.
- Make sure you have a valid UH Username and password.
- Check that a valid Network Name (SSID) is being used (UHM).
- Check for adequate signal strength. If your signal strength is moderate or low, try moving to a different location where the signal strength is good or excellent. Check the UH-Mānoa wireless map to make sure the UHM wireless network is available in the area where you are trying to connect.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Java installed. You can download and install Java at http://www.java.com
- In the Network Properties, check to see if your wireless connection is bridged with another connection. Remove the bridge if necessary.
- If your wireless connection still doesn't work, you could try to remove the existing drivers for your wireless adapter and reinstall them. You can also check for updated drivers for your wireless adapter at the manufacturer's website.
- Try your wireless adapter in another computer to make sure the adapter is working properly.
- If you have built-in wireless that came with your laptop, check to see if there is an external switch to enable or disable your wireless connection.
I can connect and get to the wireless authentication page, but I can't get past that page.
- Make sure you have a valid UH Username and Password.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Java installed. You can download and install Java at http://www.java.com.
If you are still experiencing issues with wireless at the UH-Mānoa campus, please contact the ITS Help Desk at http://www.hawaii.edu/its/about/helpdesk.html
UHM Wireless Network SET UP
UHM offers wireless access to enrolled students across the entire campus including the Law School. To connect to the UHM Wireless Network, you will need:
- A laptop or desktop computer outfitted with a wireless network adapter that is 802.11b/g compatible (802.11g is not available in all locations);
- A supported operating system (Windows XP/Vista or Mac OS X 10.3/10.4/10.5); and
- A valid UH Username and password.
Note: ITS does not support third party wireless configuration wizards due to the amount of various software applications that are available. Consult the documentation that came with your wireless card to learn how to turn this software off.
Law School Wireless NEtwork
In addition to the UHM wireless network, the Law School provides additional wireless access points in the classrooms. The Law School's wireless network is called LAW. It requires a security key to gain access. For security reasons, we cannot disclose the security key here. Please come to our office in the Law Library Room 117 if you need access to the LAW network.
Connecting to the UHM SSID
To find out which buildings have wireless coverage on campus, please visit the campus map at http://www.hawaii.edu/wireless/map.
Mac OS X 10.4/10.5