The Inter Library Loan (ILL) website allows UH Manoa Patrons and Distance Patrons to request books from universities and libraries outside of the UH system.
- Who is considered a UHM Distance Patron? We are currently defining a UHM Distance Patron as someone who is residing outside of Oʻahu, or taking only distance education classes and not coming to the Mānoa campus.
For Law Patrons who want to use this service, visit the ILL patron request link here: https://illiad.manoa.hawaii.edu/
- Click on New Requests from the top menu, then select Loan Request.
- You can only select Hamilton Library Pick Up or Distance Patron Shipping to receive your item.
- Distance Patron Shipping
- We will send the ILL book loans to the nearest UH campus for UHM patrons residing within the State of Hawaiʻi.
- If a Hawaiʻi resident is living too far to easily go to a UH system library, we will ship the items via USPS Priority Mail or FedEx.
- For UHM patrons residing outside of Hawaiʻi State, domestically and internationally, the ILL librarian will seek a purchase option via the ILL POD program to supply alternative access to the item, e.g., ebook edition, if possible.
- There may be items that there is no purchase option, in which case we will offer a scan of the table of contents for the patron to select a specific chapter to be scanned.
- Request history can be found under the History menu choice.
- Please contact the Law Library's circulation desk firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions. If we are unable to answer your question, we will put you in contact with the ILL Librarian at Hamilton Library.