Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Guides, Studies, Reports, etc
The Effects of City Sweeps and Sit-Lie Policies on Honolulu’s Houseless
In 2014, the City and County of Honolulu joined what is now a long list of municipalities in
adopting a prohibition on sitting and lying in business and commercially zoned public sidewalks. Three main effects of city sweeps and sit-lie policies on the houseless emerged from the data:
(1) property and economic loss, (2) physical and psychological harm, and (3) possible
Homeless in Hawaii
The Honolulu Star-Advertiser and Hawaii News Now have joined forces to report on the ever-worsening homelessness crisis.
Local Partners & Resources
Health Care for Homeless Veterans Resource Book
Table of Contents:
• Housing: Shelters, Rentals; Hostels
• Emergency Medical Services
• Food/meals, food pantries/banks
• ID, State ID, birth Certificate, Social Security Card, DD 214
• State DHS Services, General Assistance, Medicaid, Food Stamps
Homeless Patient Aligned Care Team (H-PACT)
Brochure on H-PACT. This clinic provides accessible, comprehenive health care by offering a "one-stop shop" to address medical, mental health and social needs of homeless veterans.
Oahu Homeless Help Card
Phone numbers of various organizations and services for Oahu homeless