Law Student Computer Rules
There are two Mac and two Windows XP computers on the upper level of the Law Library. They are available to law students, law faculty and visiting scholars, and the law school staff members only. The computers are maintained by the Law School IT office.
- Problems regarding printing services and computer lab troubleshooting is directed to Law IT located at Law Library Room 117, or call 956-4727, or email lawit[at]hawaii[dot]edu.
- Problems regarding replenishing paper or stapling supplies can be directed to the circulation desk when the Law Library is open.
Each Law student is given $100/year or roughly 1000 pages of free printing. To add funds, go to the Law IT office at the Law Library, Room 117, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 956-4727. Cash in $5 increments is accepted. The IT Office does not make change or give refunds.
- Go to print.law.hawaii.edu. Log in with your UH username and password.
- Create a new password by going to Change details. Create an original password for your print account; it will not affect your UH Account.
- Go to Web Print. Submit a Job.
- Select single or double sided.
- Enter the number of copies
- Select the file from the computer.
- When it says "held in Queue", go to the Print Release Station at the corner of the Computer Lab.
- Enter your UH Username and your newly created password.
- To gain a refund for any botched print jobs, either 1) contact the Law Library IT office and show the unreadable pages to calculate desired refund amount. If the Law IT office is not available, 2) show the unreadable pages to the front desk and they will confirm the situation to the Law IT office who will then refund your print card account.