Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
RECAP is an online archive and free extension for Firefox and Chrome that improves the experience of using PACER, the electronic public access system for the U.S. Federal District and Bankruptcy Courts.
Rise of American Law
Westlaw's Rise of American Law ("ROAL"), a collection of 19th and 20th Century secondary law volumes, is now available to the law school community. ROAL consists of over 1,700 out-of-print texts, including treatises, legal encyclopedias, histories, commentaries and international materials. Examples of titles available in ROAL include:
• national and state legal encyclopedias
• treatises, casebooks, commentaries, and other practice materials
• dictionaries (including the first three editions of Black’s)
• international materials from Great Britain, Latin American and the Philippines
• original editions of AmJur and Corpus Juris